On Feb. 10, the YouTube channel CGN posted a video titled, "Please save our daughter."
Choi said he learned only after finishing a live broadcast that a note had arrived more than two hours earlier saying his daughter had been taken to the emergency room at 9:50 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26, 1992.
He said the note read, "Daughter in traffic accident, life in danger. Kangnam Sacred Heart Hospital ER." He added that she was the first daughter born in his family in 35 years.
Choi said a truck backing up did not see the child, ran over her with a rear wheel and then, after the driver felt something, moved forward and ran over her again. He said she vomited a large amount of blood and was pronounced dead at the scene. He said the child’s mother pulled her from under the vehicle and rushed her to the emergency room before contacting him.
Choi said traffic was stopped for about an hour because of nearby construction as he tried to pass Yeongdeungpo Rotary, leaving him unable to do anything.
He said that when he arrived at the hospital, his daughter was covered with a white sheet. He said he held her and cried alone for about an hour, then felt warmth from her body.
Choi said no medical staff helped when he pleaded for her to be saved. He said he thought something was lodged in her throat, put his hand in her mouth and removed a large blood clot, after which her breathing returned.
He said she was then admitted to the intensive care unit and spent the next two years in the hospital, entering at age 3 and being discharged at age 5.
* This article has been translated by AI.
Copyright ⓒ Aju Press All rights reserved.