Wolves forward Hwang Hee-chan denies report alleging misuse of luxury cars

By LEE KEONHEE Posted : February 12, 2026, 17:00 Updated : February 12, 2026, 17:00
Hwang Hee-chan (Reuters/Yonhap)
Hwang Hee-chan (Reuters/Yonhap)


Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Hwang Hee-chan is facing allegations in South Korea over what has been described as a “supercar” dispute with a chauffeur-service company. Hwang’s side immediately denied the claims, but the controversy has continued to spread.

Dispatch reported on Wednesday that Hwang’s side received 22 vehicles — including Lamborghinis and Ferraris — from a protocol-service company called Bahana (UCK), and allegedly made unreasonable demands during the arrangement. The report said Hwang left an approximately 800 million won Ferrari Purosangue in the middle of Yeongdong Bridge in May last year and walked away, and that he did not take responsibility despite more than 10 accidents. The report also said Hwang’s sister, Hwang Hee Jung — CEO of his agency, BtheHC — also received vehicles and services from Bahana.

Bahana said it provided the services because it had been promised a management role, and argued the current legal dispute would not have happened if Hwang had fulfilled the obligations of the “principal” listed in the contract. As an example, Bahana cited a promotional clause, saying Hwang did not tag the company on the relevant social media channel and only added a thumbs-up at Bahana’s request.

BtheHC rejected the report as false. The agency said it provided the outlet with materials to rebut the claims, but that “one-sided” coverage was published. It said it never entrusted Bahana with overall management, and accused the company of opening a social media account and using photos of Hwang using vehicles without permission for promotion, including cases of using his likeness without consent. BtheHC said it would take legal action over alleged fraud and deception, defamation by spreading false information, and violations of portrait and name rights. With both sides sharply divided and each signaling legal complaints, the dispute is expected to continue.

The controversy comes as Hwang is also dealing with injury issues. He was substituted against Chelsea on Saturday with calf pain. Wolverhampton coach Rob Edwards said Tuesday, “With a calf injury, it will take a few weeks” for him to return, adding it would “probably” be weeks.

Hwang previously injured his calf during national team duty in October last year and missed time. Calf injuries are widely seen as prone to recurrence, and Hwang has now reached age 30, prompting concerns about durability.

Wolverhampton’s results have also been poor. The club drew 0-0 with Nottingham Forest on Wednesday in the English Premier League’s 26th round, extending its winless run to six matches. Wolverhampton have just nine points (one win, six draws, 19 losses) and sit last in the league. Burnley, in 19th, have 18 points (four wins, six draws, 16 losses).

With injuries, the team’s struggles and the latest allegations, Hwang faces mounting pressure. The truth of the claims will be decided in court, but the dispute could still affect his performances as he tries to return and reestablish himself.




* This article has been translated by AI.

Copyright ⓒ Aju Press All rights reserved.

기사 이미지 확대 보기
닫기