Actress Hwang Jung-eum’s Itaewon home hit with court-ordered provisional seizure

By Choi Songhee Posted : February 13, 2026, 17:18 Updated : February 13, 2026, 17:18
Actress Hwang Jung-eum
Actress Hwang Jung-eum (Yonhap)
Actress Hwang Jung-eum’s former agency, Y.One Entertainment, has sought a provisional seizure of a luxury single-family home she owns in Itaewon.

In a statement released on the 13th, Y.One said it “respects the court’s decision” regarding the ongoing legal process. It added that it is difficult to confirm or comment on specifics at this stage because doing so could affect judicial proceedings, and said it would continue to respond in good faith in line with the process.

Earlier on the 13th, SPOTV News reported that Y.One recently applied for a provisional seizure of the land and building of Hwang’s Itaewon home. According to the report, the Seoul Central District Court accepted the request on the 10th, with the claimed amount reported at 282 million won. Hwang bought the home in 2020 for 4.6 billion won.

Hwang was indicted without detention last year on allegations of embezzling about 4.3 billion won in company funds, and in September she was sentenced to two years in prison, suspended for four years. She also faced controversy after it was revealed that she set up a one-person agency, “Hunminjeongeum Enter,” in 2022 and did not register it as a popular culture and arts planning business for four years.




* This article has been translated by AI.

Copyright ⓒ Aju Press All rights reserved.

기사 이미지 확대 보기
닫기